Mac’s Planked Marinated Grilled Salmon
- 4 Salmon fillets (skin on)
- 1/2 cup Soy sauce
- 1/2 cup Lemon juice
- 1/3 cup Brown sugar (packed)
- 1/4 cup Olive or Canola oil
- 2 Garlic cloves (crushed)
- 2 Tbsp Butter (melted)
- 2 Tbsp Maple syrup
- Combine soy sauce, lemon juice, brown sugar, oil and garlic stirring to dissolve sugar.
- Pour into a resealable plastic bag, add salmon and marinate in the refrigerator 3 to 6 hours.
- After marinating, allow salmon to stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before grilling, then pat dry with a paper towel.
- Mix butter and maple syrup together and brush over entire surface of salmon.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Set your Big Green Egg up for direct cooking at 350°F, place salmon on your favorite plank and cook for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Salmon is done when meat can be separated easily from the skin and flesh is no longer opaque.
- Remove salmon; brush on any remaining maple syrup/butter mixture and wrap in foil for 5 minutes before serving.